So here’s a little quick-bread recipe you can use all year round. I’ve done it with zucchini, pumpkin, and bananas but you could use carrot, squash or almost any other fruit or vegetable that you like. I like this recipe because it’s simple & I almost always have all the ingredients on-hand. Great for breakfast, or an after-school snack for the kiddies!
makes 1 loaf
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C quick oats (uncooked)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 C vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about 3 C your fruit or veg of choice (When I did pumpkin i used 1 15-oz can of pureed pumpkin)
- 1/2 C walnuts, raisins, or craisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a large measuring cup, combine eggs, oil, and vanilla. Beat with a whisk to combine.
- With mixer on medium speed, add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add fruit or veg, stir until combined. Scrape down sides of mixture as needed.
- If desired, add nuts or dried fruit. Give the mixer a quick stir to distribute throughout batter.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to an hour 15 mins. Until a toothpick inserted into loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool on a wire rack for at least 10 mins before slicing.