- 4-6 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 6 pearl onions, peeled & halved
- 4 cloves black garlic, crushed
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 qt vegetable or chicken stock
- up to 1C dry instant potatoes (optional)
- In a large pot heat a few tsp EVOO over medium-high heat.
- Sweat pearl onions until translucent.
- Toss in the black garlic & toss until onions are coated & mixture is fragrant.
- Add potatoes and toss to combine.
- Pour in stock. If it doesn’t cover the potatoes, add enough hot water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover & lower to medium heat.
- Simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender, 10-15 mins.
- Lower heat & purée mixture with a hand blender until smooth.
- Whisk in the cream. *Hint: If at this point you feel that the soup isn’t reaching your desired thickness, you can sprinkle in the dry instant potatoes, a little at a time, whisking constantly until you reach the desired thickness.*
- Heat soup gently, over medium-low heat until heated through. Serve with crusty bread.
Need some black garlic? Order 40 day aged Black Garlic from my Etsy shop, Mise en Place Gourmet