When I popped into my local grocery recently for some items for dinner, zucchini was 99 cents a pound. How could I resist? Since they were on the smaller side, I grabbed 6 of them, for a grand total of around 3 bucks.
What to do with them? I sliced them up with my mandolin, layered them in a pie pan with some seasonings & baked them in the oven. Voila! Zucchini pie on the fly! (I’m a poet & I don’t know it! Hahaha.)
It was so simple & delicious that I ended up making it for a Friendsgiving later that week!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 1/2 lbs zucchini (around 3)
- EVOO to drizzle
- Kosher salt
- Dill weed
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a pie pan or small, round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Slice up your zucchini evenly. I used a mandolin, and I didn’t peel them.
- Layer the zucchini in the pan, overlapping the slices slightly.
- Drizzle each layer with EVOO, and sprinkle with dill, salt, and Parmesan.
- Continue layering until all zucchini is gone, or until the pan is full. I ended up with 3 layers.
- Top with EVOO, salt, dill, and more Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-30 mins, or until the cheese is golden.