Got a great deal on my Halloween pumpkins this year at Aldi- $2.99 each. Don’t even get me started on Aldi. We have a special love.
Once we got them hollowed out & carved, it’s time for some roasted pumpkin seeds. Inspired by the chestnuts I recently roasted, I decided to give my pepitas a little twist. Here’s how:
Cinnamon & Honey Roasted Pepitas
- pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Put all your pumpkin seeds in a colander and rinse with cool water, making sure any pumpkin guts are removed. Let them dry as you prepare the butter mixture.
- In the microwave, heat about 4 tbsp of unsalted butter until melted.
- Add the cinnamon & 1 tbsp of the honey. Stir to create a syrupy consistency.
- Spread the seeds on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the seeds as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt to taste.
- Bake 30-40 mins or until golden, moving the seeds around 2-3 times during baking for even cooking.
- Enjoy while warm, and put any cooled leftovers into airtight containers for later noshing.