So apparently I’m an award-winning blogger.
Yesterday I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Josey & Brian of Spareness & Simplicity. It’s a blog about simplifying and downsizing the superfluous stuff in your life. Thanks guys! I will likely never be a minimalist, but damn, do I ever respect those who strive to be. Check out their blog & follow their journey! The Liebster Award (which autocorrect keeps changing to “lobster”) is a blogger-to-blogger award, in which bloggers recognize & nominate one another.
Here’s the rules:
- Thank the nominating blogger
- Nominate blogs that are new and/or have small followings. (I’m not really sure what constitutes a small following, I just nominated blogs that I follow & enjoy.)
- Answer questions from the nominating blogger
- Tell your readers random facts about yourself
- Give your nominees questions to answer
Here’s my nominations & why I nominated them (in no particular order):
- Kitchen Overlord She does nerdy things with food. Need I say more?
- Wine by Ari Home winemaker. Growing her own grapes. Cheers!
- The Armchair Sommelier Does a great series called Wine, Words, and Wednesday which takes in interesting historical perspective on wine.
- dosirakbento Cute bento boxes and sushi. Almost too cute to eat. Almost.
- Shenannagans Quirky Aussie chick who likes food, wine, coffee, and shenanigans. Basically me if I was Australian. 🙂
- Punk Domestics Cool homesteading stuff. Basically all the stuff you see on Pinterest, come to life!
- Much Ado About Cheese He makes cheese. This is basically cheese porn. Can I say that?
- La Vie Piquant Mark my words. This guy is going to be BIG. Like Martha Stewart/Ina Garten big. Read his blog. Follow his Instagram.
- The Drunken Cyclist He drinks wine and he knows how to saber a bottle with a wine glass and a bicycle wheel. Impressive.
- imbibe: [kc] Cocktails, coffee, and tea in the KC Metro. Just needs a wine section- maybe a guest blogger? 😉
My answers to Josey & Brian’s questions:
- What country are you from? The US. I’m originally from New York, currently reside in the KC area. My kingdom for a NY pizza!
- What’s your favorite thing about American culture? The food traditions. More specifically the varied food traditions. It’s so cool to see the foods that happen when people of different cultures live in close proximity and influence each other. It’s the original “fusion cuisine”.
- If you win the lottery, let’s say $400 million, will you share it with anyone? Who? I don’t play the lottery, but if I ever came into a lot of money I could grab my family & start on the bucket list…
- How do you feel about cheese? I have never met a cheese I didn’t like. See above.
- What’s your favorite sport to watch? Boxing. Wrestling. MMA. Pretty much anything where guys beat the hell out of each other. Easy to follow. The guy on the ground is losing.
- Channing Tatum or Gerard Butler? Channing. He’s adorable and hilarious.
Random facts about me:
- I used to play Julia Child on my grandma’s front steps as a kid.
- I love Converse sneakers & wear them almost every day.
- I am obsessed with my adorable 14 year old Russian Blue, Brimstone.
- I collect vintage cookbooks.
- I am a boyband enthusiast.
My questions to nominated bloggers:
- If you were on death row, what would you choose as your last meal?
- What is your pop-culture guilty pleasure?
- What was your motivation when you started blogging?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
And with that I pass the Liebster (or lobster) torch…