My recent dabbling in pickling has left me with a small surplus of pickle juice (more stuff in mason jars…) so I decided to use it to marinate some more chicken. Another use for pickle juice, I’m told is to mix it with vodka & make a Pickle Juice Martini of sorts.
Pickle Juice Chicken
- pickle juice (I used both the juice from the Dưa món and from the pickled red onions- link to post above)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Wash chicken breasts, with cold water, and pat dry.
- Put the chicken in a resealable container or freezer bag.
- Pour the pickle juice over the chicken, making sure it’s enough to cover.
- Cover or seal & marinate, under refrigeration for at least 8 hours.
- When ready to cook chicken, preheat oven to 350F.
- Place cutlets in glass/ceramic baking dish.
- Bake 30-35 mins.
The flavor of the pickle-juice marinated chicken was not dissimilar to that of chicken marinated in bottled Italian dressing (Duh, the vinegar.) but with a bit more heat. It was delicious cold on sandwiches & wraps. I think that battered & fried it would taste a lot like Chic-Fil-A .