I’m still trying to use up all the leftover whey from my cheesemaking adventures. Last night I decided to try it as the base of a chicken marinade. Amazing results! I was very happy with how well the flavor of the marinade got into the chicken. This cooked chicken would be a wonderful flavor in a chicken salad!
Whey Marinade with Curry, Cumin, and Turmeric
- 1 qt jar of whey
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Wash chicken breasts in cold water, pat dry.
- In a small bowl or a large measuring cup, combine the whey and spices.
- Place chicken in a resealable container or freezer bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken until covered.
- Marinate 12-24 hours under refrigeration.
- When ready to cook chicken, preheat oven to 350F.
- Place cutlets in glass/ceramic baking dish.
- Bake 30-35 mins.